Talking about home testing for HIV

Tell your story




8.5 weeks

about 9 week ago i had ago unprotected oral sex about 10 sec, then after I took the test at 5.5 weeks , 6 weeks, 7 weeks and 8.5 weeks after the exposure and all result is come negative. I know the result will be conclusive only i take the test after 12 weeks. But I m realy afraid and just wondering what is the chance that it may become positive at 12 weeks? Thanks

1 Responses

Gary Carpenter, BioSure (UK) Limited
 Work on 06th June 2017

Hi Anxiety3 By 9 weeks after infection, about 97% of people would have created the antibodies that the BioSURE HIV Self Test looks for. So the chances of a negative result changing after this point are about 3%. So the negative results you have are very encouraging. The other issue to remember is the chances of contracting HIV from unprotected oral sex are low, even if the interaction was with an HIV positive partner, about 1 in 2,500 times. So the chances of your of your negative result becoming positive at 12 weeks is extremely low. I hope that this answers your question. Kind regards Gary Carpenter BioSure (UK) Limited

Post Your Response

  • Tell us your story
  • Label your post

Step 1. Tell your story

Feel free to complete the form below in your own words - write as much or as little as you like! Your comments will be appear anonymously on PEBL.